The mission of the Shippensburg University School Study Council (SUSSC) is to improve instruction, to enhance collaboration among the membership, and to encourage excellence. Council resources will be used to assist member organizations perform and adapt more quickly, efficiently, and effectively to the needs and demands of their publics.
- The basic goal of the SUSSC is the improvement of instruction. Efforts to achieve this goal have been directed toward the following activities:
- Recognition of outstanding instruction by honoring outstanding teachers as selected from and by the membership.
- Recognition of outstanding curriculum innovation by honoring exemplary programs.
- Providing all member organizations opportunities to send representatives to workshops that reflect membership instructional interests and needs. These workshops are selected by the membership of the Council.
- Development of a positive working environment between Shippensburg University and member districts.
Number shows relationships to goals:
- To present an opportunity to each of the member organizations to honor outstanding teachers.
- To offer opportunities to secure from presenters of exemplary programs content information which may enhance the educational programs of the other districts.
- To provide opportunities to focus upon educational needs of members through activities established wherein exemplary programs, workshops, and symposiums are presented.
- To present member institutions with opportunities to send two (2) or more representatives at no cost to each of the SUSSC-sponsored events.
- To establish a functional, on-going relationship between Shippensburg University and the membership of the Shippensburg University School Study Council.
- To provide an avenue through which the resources of the Shippensburg University faculty are made available.
Shippensburg University School Study Council
Shippen Hall 130
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania 17257
Dr. Brian Small, Executive Director
Cindy Poe, Secretary